What’s so special about walking? Nothing special. It’s just a simple way, say an aerobic exercise, of keeping your body and mind fit, keeping you fresh and lively for long hours. I used to see a lot of youngsters and aged ones walking on the streets and grounds, taking care of their body in a fine manner. Walking is gaining momentum among people of all age groups, earlier this was not the case. Now people are becoming more aware of this. We need to walk at least 30 minutes daily, try to walk daily in the morning. You can fix 5.30 to 6 AM or 6 to 6.30 AM. A morning walk gives us a lot of energy to move on the remaining part of the day in an active manner.
According to studies, women who walk have less body fat than those who don’t walk. Let’s have a look at 6 benefits of walking.
1. Walk for your heart: Regular walking reduces the risk of heart ailments. It can lower the levels of bad cholesterol and increase the levels of good cholesterol. Chances for a stroke will also be less. You can control high blood pressure with a 30-minute walk regularly.
2. Good for osteoporosis: Having regular walk can stop the loss of bone mass for patients with osteoporosis. For women, post-menopause, daily walk for 30 minutes reduces the risk of hip fractures to a large extent.
3. Walk to burn weight: Walk 2 miles per hour for 30 minutes, you will be able to reduce 75 calories of weight. It’s a fantastic yet simple exercise to burn your calories in an effective manner. Don’t bother about the possibilities of being an overweight, if you walk regularly.
4. Walk to strengthen muscle: Regular walking makes your leg and abdominal muscles strong.
5. Walk for a sound sleep: Those are lucky who have a sound sleep. Sleepless nights are becoming a big problem for many. Regular one-hour morning walk gives men and women sound sleep in the night. Some studies prove that women who walk are more likely to relieve insomnia than women who don’t have the habit of walking.
6. Walk for happiness: Walking matters a lot for this one reason, happiness. A fresh money walk is grand enough to change your mood. It can bring out positive energy. It’s a great anti-depression strategy. It can reduce stress and anxiety. If you want to be positive, no second thought, start walking.